Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jesus is Lord of All; or Jesus is not Lord AT All

Jesus is Lord of All; or Jesus is not Lord AT All

This is a harsh reality. Lotta people don't like it.

Here is the story. It comes in three parts:

1. The prosperous and established have to be willing to give everything up.

Matthew 8:18 When Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake. 19 Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.”

20 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”

The teacher of the law had worked hard. He had studied long and achieved a lot. Had a nice house, good reputation - a place in life.

Jesus said to him, I am either Lord of All; or I am not Lord AT All.
If you follow me, you have to be willing to lose what you have. Put me above all the achievement, the place in society, the financial security. I am glad that you are attracted to my message. Are you willing to make me Lord of all?

2. Good people with good priorities have to be willing to put Jesus first.
21 Another disciple said to him, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”

22 But Jesus told him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”

The next guy is a good guy. He is connected to his family. He is a dutiful son. His father is older, and the son must fulfill his obligation. Later, when dad passes on and the financial affairs are all in order. Later, Jesus. You are important, but you have to fit into my life. You should understand that, right?

Jesus says to him, I am either Lord of All; or I am not Lord AT All.


Harsh message, but true.

3. The folks who have pledged their lives to Jesus have to learn to grow in thier faith and trust in Jesus. Is he really Lord of All?
23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”

26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Who is Jesus?

He is lord of all.

In fact, He is either Lord of All; or or He is not Lord AT All

No comments: